In January 2013 RSA Elite Soccer Club
introduced a college preparation program for high school players. The program is designed to inform and help soccer players who have aspirations to play at the collegiate level. It provides an in-depth step-by-step process for players to get placed at a collegiate junior college (JC), NAIA, Division 3, Division 2, and ultimately Division 1 levels. All players, boys and girls, age 15 and above, can participate.
- When to start the college preparation process
- Player academic and skill-set requirements
- The differences in universities (e.g., private or State etc.)
- The differences between JC, D3, D2, NAIA and D1 soccer teams
- Recruiting laws
- Organizing player profiles and data sheets
- Contacting college coaches in the most effective way
- How to stand out as a college recruit
- What to expect each year in the recruiting process
- What to expect regarding official visits, home visits, scholarship offers, etc.
RSA Elite Directors of Coaching
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail